Monday, May 10, 2010

Healthy lifestyle: Cinnamon

I am a firm believer that when you have a persistent craving for something, it's your body telling you that there is missing nutrient or imbalance in the body. I have been craving cinnamon like crazy these days. I've been gorging on cinnamon toast and Chai tea, and now I'm even been brewing my coffee grinds with cinnamon.


I decided to research the benefits of cinnamon to see what my body is lacking, and was astounded by how many health benefits are in this powerful little spice.

- Cinnamon has anti-flammatory properties that can counteract the effect of eating fried, fatty and processed foods
- Cinnamon has antifungal and antibacterial properties,
- Cinnamon helps those with Type 2 diabetes control blood sugar levels
- Cinnamon lowers cholesterol
- Cinnamon is a source of manganese, dietary fiber, iron and calcium

I guess my body is trying to tell me to eat better... a little less fatty and processed foods. More about that another time... for now, I'm going to go have me some cinnamon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...