Thursday, January 20, 2011

Inspired home: Schuyler Samperton

It's no secret that I dearly miss Domino Magazine, which to this day I still find a source of constant design inspiration. One of my most beloved (now dog-eared and tattered) issues features Schuyler Samperton, an interior designer based in Los Angeles. Domino Magazine may be gone, but Sampterton is still going strong. Here are samples of designs from Samperton's website.







Samperton's design aesthetic leans toward bohemian, with vibrant pops of color, varying textures and patterns, and fresh fauna and flora taking center stage. I love how she combines traditional pieces with exotic accents like Moroccan lanterns, bamboo and antique Persian rugs. Every room in her portfolio includes thoughtfully arranged personal treasures that all seem to carry a history with its own story to tell.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Mia! I loved The White Queen--Philippa Gregory is one of my favorite authors!

    P.S. I am passing on the Stylish Blogger award to you because even though we just "met" I am very inspired by your blog! Check out my blog post tomorrow for details :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These rooms do give lovely inspiration. I love the room with the white couch and the beautiful bright pink flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...