Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Eco-lifestyle: Ethanol fireplace

Before I found my condo, I created a list of all the must-haves for my ideal home: 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, sunny outside patio, walk-in closet, inside laundry room and a fireplace. I eventually found everything my heart desired in one sweet 900 square ft. package except the fireplace. I figured I was choosing location (I live at the beach) over self-indulgent luxuries. But as it turns out, I now can finally complete my list with this hopelessly chic wall mounted ”Cupola” biofuel fireplace byVauni. Bio-fuel only releases small amount of water vapor and carbon dioxide which make it clean burning. And since ethanol is a more renewable resource than wood, biofuel provides a remedy to deforestation.

Cupola_black_front

There are also floor models on the Vauni website which are a significantly less expensive, but being a pet owner, I have to keep flames off the floor. The company is based in Sweden so I did find another trusted resource with a similar product that may be easier for those of us living stateside. My beloved Target is offering lovely and quite reasonably priced gel fuel fireplaces - from a free-standing fireplace complete with a mantle to a sleek wall mount. Gel fuel burns clean and evaporates much like ethanol so it is also environmentally sound. I could just imagine myself curling up in a plush armchair with a good book, a cup of tea and the warm glow of one of these little biofuel beauties.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...