Monday, April 19, 2010

Eco-lifestyle: Plantable paper

I have always had a bit of a guilt complex associated with greeting cards. I hate to waste the lives of trees for such a fleeting function as a wrapped gift or a happy birthday wish. I tried a no-gift-wrap, no-cards policy with friends and family. Yet, when I receive a card from a loved one – I keep it forever (my significant other refers to this habit as hoarding). Even though wasting paper goes against my beliefs, I feel that I’m depriving my beloved gift recipients of a small pleasure.

The solution: Botanical Paperworks, the creator of plantable greeting cards, journals and other printed paper products.

Botanical Paperworks’ produces “tree -free” paper out of cotton or 100% post-consumer waste. The paper is made of wildflower seeds in Winnipeg. Yup, you heard that correctly no trees were harmed in the making of this paper.

Once you plant the seeded paper, water it well and give it plenty of sun. Botanical Paperworks promises wildflowers in 6-8 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...