Thursday, June 3, 2010

Inspired place: Green Acres Lavender Farm

I have returned from my travels in Northern California. I had a lovely time visiting with family and old friends in my little city by the bay. On the way home, my S.O. and I stopped at the Green Acres Lavender Farm in Atascadero which I've always wanted to visit. It was breathtaking. The second we stepped out of the car the sweet scent of lavender immediately permeated the senses.


We met the owners who are warm and incredibly knowledgeable on the topic of all things lavender. Sadly, the farm is up for sale as life has taken the owners on a new adventure. The property would make for an incredible bed and breakfast so if you know anyone in the market... There is also some resident cats who will need new homes all of which were really sweet, friendly, beautiful kitties. I've already got dibs on Sir Felix of Lavender who I have fallen madly in love with.

The lavender isn't in bloom until July, so I am aching to go back during their 5th annual lavender festival July 10th. Maybe I'll see you there!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...