Monday, December 6, 2010

Eco-lifestyle: Pure green living magazine

If you haven't had a chance to check out the gorgeous new online magazine that reminds me of my beloved Domino magazine rush over to puregreenliving.ca. Every virtual page is dripping with beautiful photographs and inspiring ideas for living sustainably with style.


My favorite feature this month is a perfect eco-minded DIY celebration of the holiday season. Instead of the wasteful tradition of cutting down a tree this holiday, follow Pure Green's cue by using a potted living tree. Pure Green recommends using a tree no larger than three feet high and covering the pot with an upcycled coffee bag. The simplicity of decorating with natural elements lends a rustic charm to your home. Trim the tree with pine cones, berries and ribbons and once the holiday is over, give the earth a gift by planting your living tree.


And thanks to the magazine's eco gift guide, I've discovered some amazing new blogs... Organic Cents and Simply Grove, where have you been all my life?!

1 comment:

  1. I also adored this magazine, and the thought of using a smaller tree has totally grown on me this year- especially with crazy toddlers running around!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...