Thursday, December 2, 2010

Inspired faces places and things

I have recently taken up knitting which is something I've always wanted to learn. Knitting keeps me occupied whenever I'm idle and is relaxing and highly addictive. I have three projects underway which are all scarves using the basic knit stitch method. I wanted to master this stitch before I learned a new technique. It's been really fun to see my knitting improve as I go. My first scarf (the white one below) is full of holes, but the latest one I have been able to actually knit without looking at my stitches. Once I finish all three I'm going to post photos and then onto learning the purl stitch!
Not only is knitting a huge stress reliever, but it also is a powerful brain booster. Knitting engages both the left and right side of the brain. I read an article by a chief scientic officer of Neuroscience solutions who said "At around 30, our memory and congnitive and motor abilities begin to decline, but anytime you learn a new skill, you change the brain physically."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...